Position Code: 21018-19B
We are looking for a creative, resourceful, and highly collaborative scientist to join our growing chemistry team. The Associate Director/Director of Medicinal Chemistry will be responsible for leading medicinal chemistry projects and delivering high quality clinical candidates to support the Gossamer Bio discovery pipeline. The candidate should be a self-motivated and influential leader with a strong record of accomplishment in medicinal chemistry and project leadership. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required, as is the ability to excel in a collaborative multidisciplinary environment and the ability to effectively manage and mentor direct reports. We are looking for an individual who will embrace our core values of putting people and patients first, in a collaborative team environment that encourages growth and learning.
- Lead integrated medicinal chemistry projects from hit generation through the lead optimization process.
- Manage project specific resources including internal and external chemistry personnel.
- Must show keen attention to timelines to rapidly advance projects and achieve program goals.
- Plan, execute, interpret, and optimize structure activity relationship campaigns.
- Work alongside direct reports to perform complex chemical syntheses as needed to deliver high quality molecules for biological screening.
- Develop new IP and lead the preparation of project specific patent documents as appropriate.
- Build and maintain productive relationships with teammates in computational chemistry, pharmacology, DMPK, toxicology, and early development.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate project updates to key stakeholders.
Education & Experience:
- D. in Organic Chemistry or related field with 10+ years of experience working in a pharmaceutical / biotechnology setting as a medicinal chemist.
- Demonstrated leadership in medicinal chemistry and drug discovery as evidenced by a strong record of scientific accomplishment and cross-functional collaboration.
- Outstanding synthetic chemistry background and a demonstrated track record of aptitude and problem solving in medicinal chemistry.
- Demonstrated experience delivering compounds from hit to IND.
- Experience in working with CRO partners and proven ability to work efficiently in a hybrid model.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Gossamer Bio is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants and complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
To be considered as an applicant, please submit your resume/CV referencing the specific position of interest to [email protected].