Position Code: 21041-19R
We are looking for a creative, resourceful, and highly collaborative scientist to join our medicinal chemistry team. The candidate will have a strong track record in both cutting edge organic synthesis and medicinal chemistry with a demonstrated ability to thrive and contribute in a dynamic, fast-paced start-up environment. The successful candidate will be responsible for the synthesis, purification, and analysis of small-molecule drug candidates. Proficiency in the analysis of diverse data sets to build structure-activity relationships to help drive medicinal chemistry strategy is preferred. Individuals with an understanding and working knowledge of modern organic synthesis and its application to drug discovery are preferred. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required, as is the ability to excel in a collaborative multidisciplinary environment. We are looking for individuals who embrace our core values of putting people and patients first, in a collaborative team environment that encourages growth and learning. This will be a laboratory-based position.
- Execute multi-step synthesis of small-molecule drug candidates
- Independently, or in conjunction with supervisor, design high quality synthetic routes and help solve synthetic chemistry problems to enable access to new chemical space and novel IP
- Ability to analyze complex data sets to develop an understanding of SAR
- Productively interact with cross-functional scientists and communicate results and progress in a multi-disciplinary setting
- Prioritization of chemistry efforts to ensure efficient and timely progression of projects
- Contribute to the day to day running of the lab to ensure a smooth and safe operation
- Stay abreast of the literature in both synthetic organic chemistry and medicinal chemistry to support company research objectives
- Assist in the preparation of patents and publications, as appropriate
Experience & Education
- B.S or M.S degree in Chemistry or closely related field with at least 8 years of relevant industry experience
- Proven ability to carry out multi-step organic synthetic schemes to deliver quality drug candidates
- Experience in synthetic methods development, target-oriented synthesis, and medicinal chemistry
- Demonstrated ability in all aspects of modern organic and medicinal chemistry, including compound synthesis, parallel library design and synthesis, structure-based design, and analytical and purification methods
- Highly collaborative, self-motivated individual with a strong desire to learn
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Gossamer Bio is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants and complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
To be considered as an applicant, please submit your resume/CV referencing the specific position of interest to HR@GossamerBio.com.