Position Code: 22022-19B
The Director of Business Development will identify, evaluate and negotiate agreements regarding external therapeutic product and drug discovery platform opportunities to augment Gossamer Bio’s internal product pipeline. In addition, this person will work closely with the BD team to position the company’s internal pipeline for partnership transactions as the pipeline matures.
- Identify and prioritize external therapeutic and discovery platform opportunities that support Gossamer Bio’s R&D strategy and nurture scientific and business relationships.
- Develop and maintain competitive landscape to prioritize actionable BD opportunities through a strong understanding of disease biology, treatment paradigms, and emerging therapies in each of Gossamer Bio’s therapeutic areas of focus.
- Triage most compelling opportunities for further internal review based on quality of the science, commercial opportunity and the fit with Gossamer’s strategy.
- Lead cross-functional due diligence teams to thoroughly evaluate external therapeutic programs, including the most important opportunities and risks associated with the research, development, manufacturing and commercialization of the product opportunities,
- Working closely with R&D, commercial and finance, draft development plans and build the business case for the BD opportunities.
- Structure and negotiate licensing, collaboration and acquisition agreements, including drafting term sheets and working closely with corporate and IP legal to negotiate definitive contracts.
- Follow up on all partnership activity, including the tracking, documentation and status reporting of all collaborations along the business development pipeline.
- Represent Gossamer Bio at partnering events and conferences to increase awareness of our company and our priorities for partnering activities.
Experience & Education
- Requires MBA and science degree (PhD preferred) with a minimum of 4 years business development experience in a biotech or pharmaceutical company.
- Prior experience in dealing with corporate partners and in negotiating and completing therapeutic licensing and/or acquisition agreements
- A thorough understanding of the process of due diligence and asset valuation combined with a scientific and business acumen.
- Energetic, highly team-oriented, and self-motivated individual with strong analytical skills and a solid understanding of business strategy
- Strong understanding of key functions and their roles throughout stages of product development including Marketing, Medical Affairs, Pre-Clinical/Discovery, Regulatory and Manufacturing (Clinical and Commercial Supply)
- Experience managing external collaborations or relationships
- Proven ability to effectively work with project teams in a matrix environment
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Highly organized with excellent follow-up abilities and able to manage multiple projects and priorities
Gossamer Bio is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants and complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
To be considered as an applicant, please submit your resume/CV referencing the specific position of interest to [email protected].