Position Code: 21058-19R
Gossamer Bio is seeking an exceptional scientist and leader to join our Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics (DMPK) department. The successful candidate will develop scientific strategies, lead and mentor a team, and continue to build partnerships cross-functionally to advance Gossamer’s research and clinical development stage programs. The Director DMPK will oversee the quality and performance of all DMPK activities including interactions with CROs and internal projects stake holders, as the DMPK lead for drug discovery and development stage projects.
- Leads the initiation and execution of Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetic (DMPK) aspects of drug projects.
- Manages internal and external relationships and resources. Ensures internal and external resources are fully engaged and resource utilization is optimized.
- Creates the vision for DMPK and designs the long-term global strategy and operational model to support Gossamer’s research and development portfolio.
- Creates a culture of innovation, entrepreneurship and global, collaborative working.
- Defines and assigns resources and budget to all projects. Ensures departmental performance in terms of quality clinical candidate delivery.
- Accountable for developing a cutting-edge infra-structure including in house capabilities, that leverage automation and robotics, design tools, electronic lab note-books and collaborative IT tools.
- Initiates and leads external collaborations with major external scientific collaborators. Creates a climate of externalization and external innovation.
- Resolves highly complex business and scientific problems through excellent scientific judgment and broad research, development and regulatory affairs knowledge.
- Drives human dose projection calculations and supports clinical pharmacology trial design based on DDI risk analysis based on nonclinical data.
Experience & Education
- PhD in Drug Metabolism, Pharmacokinetics or related scientific discipline with a minimum of 15 years of biotech/pharmaceutical drug discovery and development experience; or BS/MS with 20+ years of experience.
- Demonstrated track record of developing and leading a strong scientifically data driven DMPK team to support both research and clinical stage programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to influence.
- Well-versed in health agency guidance and strategies to support global drug development.
Gossamer Bio is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants and complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
To be considered as an applicant, please submit your resume/CV referencing the specific position of interest to [email protected].