Position Code: 21042-18B
This leadership position will afford the opportunity to create clinical candidates across many programs and indications that translate into a pipeline of differentiated medicines. The preferred candidate will be a highly motivated and influential leader, with a strong record of accomplishment in medicinal chemistry, effective manager of research teams and project leadership. This position will be a core member of the R&D management group.
- Work with CSO and other Company leaders to build an integrated organization that takes full advantage of the Company’s scientific, pharmaceutical and development expertise to create a valuable product portfolio.
- Build and lead medicinal chemistry/project teams while applying a deep understanding of drug discovery techniques with the goal of developing therapeutics for autoimmune and oncology indications.
- Accountable for scientific strategy, timelines and team performance
- Identify critical data to allow key program decision making in a timely manner
- Integrate data across multiple research disciplines to evolve medicinal chemistry strategy as projects develop
- Responsible for developing and coordinating project intellectual property strategy
- Apply a comprehensive knowledge and creative application of medicinal chemistry across a range of therapeutic
Experience & Education
- Ph.D. in synthetic organic chemistry or medicinal chemistry or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 10 years medicinal chemistry experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Quantifiable record of accomplishments in drug discovery
- Experience with effective leadership of functional and/or project teams and strategic planning
- Ability to prioritize resources in a highly matrixed work environment
- Strong knowledge of structure-based design and computational modeling, physicochemical properties, ADME and preclinical toxicology, and molecular and cellular biology
- Influential communication of innovative ideas with a plan for advancement
- Extensive experience in synthetic methodologies with application to broad range of molecular classes, targeted drug delivery and prodrug approaches
- Record of success in leading collaborations with external research organizations, including academic institutions, contract research organizations, and other pharmaceutical companies
- Effective organizational, interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
Gossamer Bio is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants and complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
To be considered as an applicant, please submit your resume/CV referencing the specific position of interest to [email protected].