Position Code: 23072-19B
The Head of Program Management at Gossamer Bio leads the program management organization that supports the development of clinical stage assets within the portfolio. This role will be a strategic and operational portfolio partner for the leadership team in identifying, planning and delivering on key portfolio related priorities. The Head of Program Management will be responsible for providing strong leadership and expertise to drive the teams to execute on program deliverables and initiatives required to meet the goals of the organization. This role will work in collaboration with colleagues and management to ensure the objectives associated with Corporate and team goals are met successfully. This role will interface with all functional areas of the organization, establish program management processes, and support the integrated planning efforts within the organization to enable the building of high functioning Program Teams.
- Day to day management, coaching and leadership for the Program Managers supporting the entire portfolio.
- Develops the program management function (PMO), processes, roles, and responsibilities in collaboration with colleagues and the leadership team.
- Play a cross functional leadership role in identifying, designing and implementing strategic initiatives that impact the portfolio.
- Works closely with the leadership team and portfolio analytics group to develop strategy, goals and to define integrated work plans to meet these objectives.
- Portfolio management: manage program and project prioritization with the leadership team
- Institutes and leads cross-functional program teams consisting of representatives from the functional groups and Finance.
- Works with the PTLs to align processes for effective meeting management, eliciting productive, behavior, and team member accountability across teams.
- Leads program teams to define and manage deliverables and timelines, facilitate decision making, and define risk mitigation strategies/contingencies.
- Works closely with Finance and cross-functional program teams to establish program related budgets and resourcing plans. Is accountable to monitor plans and ensure adherence to budget
- Leads and facilitates meetings at all levels of the organization to ensure cross alignment to corporate strategy and to manage execution of plans to meet objectives.
- Develops and utilizes key program management tools, processes, and documentation to ensure efficient program planning, execution, monitoring (metrics) and to ensure efficient tracking and reporting.
- Owns and manages key program-related reporting and documentation, including monthly reports.
- Ensures efficient and effective communications of program/project related information to all levels of the organization and external partners.
- As required, hires program management professionals to fulfill the responsibilities of the PMO and provides mentorship to direct reports and others within the organization.
Experience & Education
- BA/BS degree required; advanced degree preferred
- Experience in project management with the ability to develop clear action plans and execute
- PMP certification beneficial but not required
- Strong leader with 12+ years experience with a minimum of 8-10 years of program management experience in biotech/life sciences industry
- Experience in developing and leading high-performance cross-functional teams to achieve desired outcomes with internal and external teams
- Highly effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills; demonstrated team building and leadership skills
- Experience managing multiple complex programs and demonstrated adeptness with dynamic prioritization of deliverables and resources
- Experience managing a diverse portfolio of products and development stages (discovery to commercial)
- Ability to grasp concepts and ideas quickly and thrive in a fast-paced environment
Gossamer Bio is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants and complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
To be considered as an applicant, please submit your resume/CV referencing the specific position of interest to [email protected].