We are seeking a highly motivated intern to join the Biology group and contribute to research efforts across multiple innovative programs in autoimmune disease and immune-oncology. This position will require excellent attention to detail and follow-through on the execution of established protocols as well as the opportunity to participate in the novel immunology experiments. The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong commitment to the rigor of scientific research within an industry setting as well as creativity in the form of critical thinking required for the interpretation of experimental data.
- Accurately execute established in vitro cell-based assays to support multiple programs
- Analyze data in a timely manner
- Maintain proper scientific documentation in an electronic lab notebook
- Collaborate with supervisor on development of functional assays to study mechanism of action (MOA) of lead compounds
- Effectively communicate and present summaries of research results to team members
- Minimum of 10 hours a week required
- Current upper-division enrollee or graduate of B.Sc. program in cell and molecular biology required
- Previous undergraduate research experience is a plus
- Proficiency in liquid handling (e.g., pipetting) and aseptic technique (e.g., cell culture) required
- Hands-on experience with cell and molecular biology techniques (e.g., PCR, cloning, transfection, western blotting, ELISA) in either laboratory classroom and/or research lab setting is required
- Experience working with rodent or human immune cells is a plus
- Familiarity with flow cytometry and/or immunofluorescence is a plus
- Experience assaying cellular functions in cell lines and primary cells strongly desired
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to re-prioritize in order to achieve goals for multiple projects
- Detail-oriented approach to the execution of experiments and record-keeping required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
- Ability to work independently to follow experiment from initiation to conclusion
- Strong interpersonal skills for working in a supervised role within a diverse and respectful workplace
Gossamer Bio is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants and complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
To be considered as an applicant, please submit your resume/CV referencing the specific position of interest to HR@GossamerBio.com.