Position Code: 21064-19B
We are looking for a highly motivated, interactive and creative Research Scientist (BSc. or MSc.) with a strong immunology background to join our team. This position will contribute to advancing preclinical drug development programs from target identification/validation through support of clinical stage programs. The candidate will be expected to effectively collaborate with colleagues in Pharmacology/Biology, Chemistry and ADMET and clinical development. The successful candidate will demonstrate clear and professional verbal and written communication and will need to present scientific results to multidisciplinary teams.
- Establish and utilize in vitro and ex vivo cellular assays to support immunology, autoimmune disease and immuno-oncology projects.
- Develop new functional assays to study the mechanism of action of novel targets and lead therapeutics.
- Work closely with the in vivo group to support characterization of animal models and running PD assays.
- Effectively communicate and present summaries of research results to team members or to a multidisciplinary team of researchers.
- Accurately maintain proper scientific documentation in an electronic lab notebook.
Experience & Education
- A B.Sc. or M.Sc. with at 5+ years relevant industry experience and a clearly demonstrated skill set in immunology and/or immuno-oncology is required.
- Proficiency in several cell-based assays and technologies including primary immune cell functional assays, ELISA, Flow Cytometry, multiplex cytokine/growth factor assessment (Mesoscale), qPCR, and others.
- Proven track record of good experimental design, in-depth data analysis and interpretation based on strong scientific rationale.
- Tissue culture expertise is required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and to work effectively in a highly collaborative matrix environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and a detail-oriented approach to the execution of experiments and record keeping is a requirement.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with peers and management, both internally and externally is required.
- Excellent in vitro pharmacology knowledge base and familiarity with curve fitting guidelines and data reporting
- Demonstrated experience in handling human and animal whole blood, primary immune cells and cell lines is a bonus.
- Works independently or as part of a team.
- Computer skills: detailed knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, GraphPad Prism, FlowJo, Spotfire
Gossamer Bio is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants and complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
To be considered as an applicant, please submit your resume/CV referencing the specific position of interest to [email protected].