Position Code: 21017-19B
We are looking for a creative, resourceful, and highly collaborative scientist to join our medicinal chemistry team. The candidate will have a strong track record in both cutting edge organic synthesis and medicinal chemistry with a demonstrated ability to thrive and contribute in a dynamic, fast-paced start-up environment. The successful candidate will be responsible for both the design and synthesis of small-molecule drug candidates and should be highly proficient in the analysis of diverse data sets to build structure-activity relationships (SAR) to help drive medicinal chemistry strategy. Individuals with an exceptional grasp of the cross-disciplinary drug discovery process, from lead generation to development candidate nomination, are preferred. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required, as is the ability to excel in a collaborative multidisciplinary environment and the ability to effectively manage and mentor direct reports. We are looking for individuals who embrace our core values of putting people and patients first, in a collaborative team environment that encourages growth and learning.
- Independently design, plan, and execute the synthesis of small-molecule drug candidates
- Design high quality synthetic routes and help solve synthetic chemistry problems to enable access to new chemical space and novel IP
- Efficiently analyze complex data sets to develop a deep understanding of SAR
- Productively interact with cross-functional scientists and communicate results and progress in a multi-disciplinary setting
- Prioritization of chemistry efforts to ensure efficient and timely progression of projects to meet company goals
- Contribute to the day to day running of the lab to ensure a smooth and safe operation
- Stay abreast of the literature in both synthetic organic chemistry and medicinal chemistry, to support company research objectives
- Assist in the preparation of patents, publications, and project planning
Experience & Education
- Ph.D. in synthetic organic or medicinal chemistry with at least 7 years of relevant industry experience
- Strong track record of scientific innovation and success in delivering clinical candidates
- Demonstrated high impact problem-solving as evidenced by publications and patents
- Experience in synthetic methods development, target-oriented synthesis, chemical biology and medicinal chemistry
- Demonstrated ability in all aspects of modern organic and medicinal chemistry, including compound synthesis, parallel library design and synthesis, structure-based design, and analytical and purification methods
- Highly collaborative, self-motivated individual with a strong desire to learn and contribute
- Experience managing and mentoring direct reports preferred
- Experience working with external chemistry teams is preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Gossamer Bio is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants and complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
To be considered as an applicant, please submit your resume/CV referencing the specific position of interest to HR@GossamerBio.com.